Holmium Laser Fibers – General Surgery
- Laser Type: Holmium
- Wavelength: 2100nm
- Power: 30, 60 or 100W
The Excalibur holmium laser fiber with Safety Sheath, can be used in general surgical procedures and provides a recess from the fiber tip to the target tissue. The advantages of the Safety Sheath are:
- Fiber tip will not touch the scope’s working channel, reducing scope damage
- Passes easily through a flexed scope multiple times, eliminating the need to back out the scope for fiber insertion
- Durable: Eliminates fiber tip degradation and potential for total failure
- Ease Of Use: Provides the ability to safely touch the tissue
- Ruler: Engraved 1mm graduations along the sheath provide an effective stone measurement tool
The Excalibur fiber employs four separate layers of material including a glass core, glass cladding, coating and protective outer tubing, also referred to as the buffer layer. These elements work together to prevent stray laser energy reaching beyond the outer layer and also damaging the fiber.
Fiber Filter and Blast Shield
The filter prevents stray laser energy from entering the fiber’s cladding layer. Too much energy in the cladding layer could cause energy to spill over into the coating layer potentially causing major thermal damage to both the fiber and the scope. A glass ferrule serves as a blast shield to protect the laser’s optics from damage.
The ForTec Smartscope™ Holmium Laser Fiber is compatible with all open port Holmium lasers. It features a rounded tip which ensures it passes smoothly through the working channel of the ureteroscope.
The fibers are available in 272, 365, 550 and 1000 µm sizes and conveniently packaged sterile for single-use.
- Smart Design: The smooth rounded tip passes effortlessly through the scope’s working channel reducing damage and costly scope repairs compared to standard flat tip fibers.
- Improved Performance: Energy hardens the proprietary rounded tip resulting in a highly durable tip with more consistent energy transmission.
- Superior/Better Value: With improved performance, the Smartscope fibers are available at lower price points than standard flat tip fibers providing greater value.